When is the Next Meeting?
Meetngs are always on the second Monday of the Month at 7:30 pm. "Like" our Facebook page and follow our Events there for the latest information about the Showcase. Or sign-up for our Email Newsletter below.
VOCAL meetings will bring music to your ears and food for your creative soul. Come to the next one. You’ll see (and hear) what we mean.
As a rule, these occur monthly on the second Monday of the month. The format is fluid, but includes on a regular basis:
- new song performance and feedback sessions
- dissections and deconstruction of great songs and songwriter techniques
- creative block-breaking mental exercises
- and other songwriting skills such as melody, modulation, harmony, storytelling, rhyming and rhythm.
Occasionally, there will be organizational business to attend to:
- planning participation in events around the state,
- special VOCAL banquets or parties, election of officers,
- and handling of financial chores
These gatherings of VOCAL members offer a combination of
- and fellowship
VOCAL meetings can increase your passion for the work as it deepens your understanding of the craft.
- Russell Lawson